Saturday, October 14, 2023

Bones they got the marrow

Motion Suggests (Itself) on YouTube was recorded and published the day after a boyish fling at the Open Mic at The Towne Crier in Beacon. That night on October 12th I sang Galaxie by Blind Melon and Fell on Black Days by Soundgarden. I needed more practice on that instead of this latest Pavement song I've committed to. Even learned another solo. The other ten takes you'll never hear. Here is take eleven.



[Verse 1]
I traced my family lines

It ends up with a
Wave of passing grainy days

Forgetting she's away

Here's the straight and narrow:
Brought my wheelbarrow
And it's filled with the lies
And the dirt and the hurt


[Chorus]
But I won't need someone to let me be
I won't need someone to let me be


[Verse 2]
I bought the cotton threads

And the voice could soothe you
Captivate your senses
Like a ginger ale rain

Bones they got the marrow

Curse the tainted pharaohs

Take off! Expect fun
You might learn how it runs


[Chorus]
But I won't need someone to let me be
No, I won't need someone to let me be
No, I won't need someone to let me be

No, I won't need someone to let me go

Let me be


What could these items say about a guy?

Here's a companion video with the actual rendition of Fell on Black Days recorded at Phil Ciganer's place the other night. A little flat but OKay for Open Mic.

Boxing and a Soundgarden cover:

https://youtu.be/azZuP9pvGR0





No comments:

Post a Comment